Keto Pumpkin Pie TwistsCourse: DessertCuisine: American
With tender and buttery pie crust, sweet pumpkin filling, and a spicy cinnamon sprinkle these Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists will become your new fall tradition!
- Dough Ingredients:
5 oz mozzarella shredded or cubed
1.25 oz cream cheese
0.21 cup almond flour
0.21 cup coconut flour
1.25 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
0.63 tsp vanilla
0.63 tsp baking powder
- Filling Ingredients:
0.31 cup pumpkin
1.88 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
0.63 tsp cinnamon
0.31 tsp ginger
0.16 tsp nutmeg optional
- Cinnamon Topping:
0.63 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
0.63 tsp cinnamon
coconut oil spray or butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the pumpkin filling ingredients. Set aside. Combine the cinnamon topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Put cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point). Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. If you do not have a food processor you can mix in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon but you may need to dump it onto wax paper and knead it by hand to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Once the dough is a uniform color wet your hands and press it into a large rectangle on a piece of parchment paper. Cut it in half. Spread the pumpkin filling on one half of the dough. Top with the other half. Using a pizza cutter slice the dough into 8 strips and then slice those in half. Pick them up one at a time and twist them twice putting them down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray with coconut oil spray or brush with a little butter and then sprinkle the cinnamon sweetener on top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Notes on Sweeteners:
I use my own blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. This is twice as sweet as sugar. It is comparable to Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet and Truvia.
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
To sub in Pyure or Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet use half the amount of sweetener called for.
Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel.
Keto Pumpkin Pie Twists
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
Calories 85Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g9%
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Total Carbohydrates 3g1%
Dietary Fiber 1g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.