Serving Options: This is a very calorific rich dessert. The original recipe was split into 3 servings but I actually divided mine into 4 and it was plenty. You could divide it into even more and pipe it into little shot glasses for a cute dessert shooter. Perfect for a little cocktail or appetizer party.
Room temperature ingredients: As always with recipes like this, you want your cream cheese properly softened and your nut butter unrefrigerated. They will be much easier to combine when they are room temperature.
The only thing you want chilled is the heavy cream. Make sure you take that out only just before you whip it. Warm cream does not whip willingly into stiff peaks.
Chocolate Topping: Should you are shouldn’t you? That, my friend, is entirely up to you. I will say, it doesn’t take more than a wee drizzle to really turn this peanut butter mousse into a spectacular keto dessert.
Keto Peanut Butter MousseCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Sweet and creamy, this low carb peanut butter mousse will help you keep those girl scout cookie cravings at bay!
- In a medium bowl, whip the 1/2 cup of cream until it holds stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetener and vanilla. If your peanut butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt as well. Beat until smooth.
- If your mixture is overly thick, add about 2 tbsp heavy cream to lighten it and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Spoon or pipe into little dessert glasses.
- Drizzle with a little low carb chocolate sauce, if desired.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving:
325 calories, 4 g carbs, 1 g fiber, (3 g net carbs), 30 g fat, 5 g protein